The Leadership Development Internship Program, sponsored by the Emily Slaughter Community Foundation is an internship designed for students interested in a career in the Corporate side of Healthcare Administration and Business Leadership. Interns, with the mentoring of their Intern Coach (IC) and colleagues, will gain firsthand experience of the management and operations of the Corporate sector. The LDIP is committed to developing it’s interns and providing them with opportunities that are personally challenging and professionally rewarding. Through our program, interns gain 6-weeks of practical work experience that directly relates to Corporate healthcare, non-profit administration, and their career goals. LDIP interns not only assume full responsibility for their experience and contribute in a professional capacity, but they learn from, work and network with, healthcare professionals from a variety of departments. The goal of our internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to gain applicable knowledge about the major issues, skills and responsibilities involved with Corporate Leadership.
- Currently enrolled in a College/University/HS
- Letter from Academic Advisor stating that the Intern is academically eligible to participate in the internship.
- Possess strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Exhibit proficient computer skills
- Be open to GROWTH and CHALLENGES!
- 2 Completed References (1st-School Counselor/Advisor, 2nd-Community/Church Leader, etc)
- Completed Narrative Questionnaire (Included in Application)-& Resume & Cover Letter
- Internship duration is a 6-week Summer program.
- Hours are part-time (20 hours a week).
- Intern will work at the Corporate Office and at local events during regular business hours.
- Internship will provide in-depth exposure to the corporate and professional practices of healthcare.
- Intern will be REQUIRED to work with their Intern Coaches to produce and present a 5 to 7-minute presentation at the end of the program.
- Internship Departments: You are able to choose ONE department that you would like to intern as a corporate intern.
LDIP Internship Departments: