Emily Slaughter Community Foundation awards CNA Scholarships to eligible individuals. To apply for this grant, please complete the form on this page.
The Emily Slaughter Community Foundation (ESCF) seeks to create a permanent that would benefit citizens and organizations in communities for generations to come. We provide leadership, expertise and capital to address social issues and serve as a resource for citizens, non-profit, civic, governmental and philanthropic organizations.
The Emily Slaughter Community Foundation (ESCF) seeks to inspire a deeper interest and understanding of community service, leadership development and promoting economic empowerment. With this giving, we foster beneficial relationships that will allow us to provide effective support to the communities that we serve.
The Emily Slaughter Community Foundation awards scholarships on the basis of a comprehensive process. Areas that are reviewed by the committee include, but are not limited to the following:
- Academic Accomplishments
- Community Service & Involvement
- Personal Essay
The ESCF provides scholarship funds directly to the recipient’s school and will be a one-time scholarship in the amount of $500. The Emily Slaughter Community Foundation scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, ethnicity, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
1. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. If any question does not apply to you in this application, please mark “N/A” in the provided space.
3. Type or print legibly.
4. You will be notified via phone and email regarding the status of your application.
5. If you have any questions about the application, please call 470-344-8856 or email: email@example.com
- Completed Scholarship application form
- Official high school GED/transcript
- One(1) letter of reference from a Supervisor, Teacher, Community Leader etc.
- One (1) letter of reference from:
- Community Leader
- Completely enrolled in an accredited Certified Nursing Aide Program
- Minimum 250 word essay. Essay Topic: “The Importance of Senior Assistance”
- If applicant is awarded a scholarship, twenty-four hours of volunteer/community service with a senior organization is required during the year of scholarship. All scholarship recipients will coordinate a plan to meet their volunteer requirement with the Program Director of the ESCF, after accepting the scholarship and before beginning the program.
34 Peachtree Street NW, Suite 2385
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Download CNA Community Scholarship Application